Most of you should know by now that people’s needs can differ quite a lot in terms of grooming requirements and so their needs in cosmetics. While most shampoos are formulated for cleaning purposes, some also take on a few more responsibilities like degreasing the hair or volumizing it. In fact, volumizing shampoos are among the most popular nowadays, not just for their volumizing capabilities but also for their capacity to tame naturally wavy hair.
We should also point out that many grooming products serve borderline therapeutic purposes on account of the unique formulas and fragrances they incorporate. Required to be versatile as well as effective, most of today’s shampoos can be expected to deliver across multiple fronts, be them medicinal, cosmetic, or hygienic. Let us then take a look at the ten best volumizing shampoos the market has to offer in our quest to figure out what makes a good volumizing shampoo and what to consider when buying one.
Best Volumizing Shampoos – Reviews
10Suave Professionals Shampoo
Adding fullness, shine, and bounce to your hair, the Suave Professionals Shampoo provides the right amount of moisture and nourishment to your hair with up to 24 hours of volume and body. Great for daily use, this shampoo does not weigh your hair down and leaves it looking healthy, clean and soft. Formulated with premium quality ingredients including keratin and UV treatment, this Volumizing shampoo is great for all hair types, especially colored hair.
9Framesi Color Lover Volume Boost Shampoo
The Framesi Color Lover Volume Boost Shampoo is a uniquely formulated product that helps in nourishing and strengthening your hair while providing it with a lift and bounce. Crafted to make your hair color last 95% longer, it adds volume and a soft touch while enhancing the color. Free from parabens, sulfates, gluten, sodium chloride, and DEA, it is 100% safe and vegan. For best results, the shampoo should be applied to wet hair, massaged into the scalp gently and rinsed off with warm water.
8Rusk Sensories Full Green Tea and Alfalfa Bodifying Shampoo
Uniquely formulated with the extracts of Alfalfa, the RUSK Sensories Full Green Tea and Alfalfa Bodifying Shampoo is specially crafted to keep your hair soft and moisturized. The green tea present in its formula helps provide a long-lasting shine and glow, leaving your hair looking healthy and fresh. Suitable for all kinds of hair types including fine and thin hair, this shampoo provides superior levels of volume and bounce.
7Nexxus Diametress Volumizing Shampoo
Formulated with a blend of green tea extracts and concentrated elastin protein, the Nexxus Diametress Shampoo is crafted to boost volume and add a shine to your hair. Free from silicone, this shampoo works great with thin, flat hair and helps in rejuvenating and nourishing each individual strand, leaving you with luscious, bouncy hair. Infused with safe and carefully chosen ingredients and elements, this shampoo cleanses and moisturizes the hair without weighing it down.
6Herbal Essences Volumizing Shampoo
Blended with premium quality ingredients, the Herbal Essences Shampoo features antioxidants, sea kelp, and Aloe Vera. Featuring a special formula loaded with white grapefruit and Mosa mint, this shampoo helps rejuvenate and replenish your hair, restoring it back to life in a few washes. Free from parabens, artificial colorants, and gluten, this shampoo is safe for applying on colored hair and provides exceptional volume. Crafted with a variety of fresh fragrances, this premium quality shampoo smells of mint, citrus, and velvety peach.
5Dove Nutritive Solutions Shampoo
Crafted with the latest Oxyfusion technology, the Dove Nutritive Solutions Shampoo features a premium formula that leaves your hair with up to 95% more volume and bounce. Breathing life into your hair, it moisturizes and nourishes the hair without weighing it down. Including a thick concentrated consistency, this shampoo provides fullness to flat, thin hair, giving it that natural voluminous look and smooth touch many of you are surely looking for.
4L’Oréal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Volume Shampoo
Free from sulfates, parabens, harsh chemicals, and salts, this Volumizing shampoo from L’Oréal Paris cleanses, smoothens and nourishes unmanageable, frizzy hair. Extremely effective, it creates a rich lather that is easy to massage into the hair. Due to the fact that it is formulated with premium ingredients, it features the natural fragrances of rosemary and juniper that helps energize your senses. Great for daily use, this shampoo can be utilized on all hair types including frizzy, thin, and flat hair. Not just that but it will also provide you with the volume, bounce, and softness you want, this shampoo will leave your hair looking healthy and moisturized in no time.
3Kerastase Resistance Bain Volumifique Thickening Effect Shampoo
The Kerastase Resistance Bain Volumifique Thickening Effect Shampoo is a premium quality product that is formulated with the latest Ampli Ciment complex which works towards healing and treating fine thin hair. This shampoo effectively cleanses and rejuvenates the hair, strand by strand, leaving you with nourished, healthy hair. Not only this, it comes crafted and formulated with high-end ingredients and elements that help in enhancing the feel and texture of your hair, adding fullness and bounce without weighing it down.
2TruePure Natural Caffeine Shampoo
Formulated with a unique blend of caffeine, red Clover & niacin, the TruePure Natural Caffeine Shampoo is designed to promote hair growth and stimulate the scalp. Including organic aloe, this shampoo replenishes the roots while providing a soothing effect. On account of the fact that it is crafted with 98% all natural plant extracts, you can expect this shampoo to be free from harsh chemicals and fragrances and to remove all traces of dirt and pollutants without causing any sort of irritation. Great for all hair types including thinning hair, flat hair, curly hair, and colored hair, this shampoo can be utilized by both men and women.
1Luxurious Volume Full Splendor Shampoo by John Frieda
There is perhaps no better volumizing shampoo than the Luxurious Volume Full Splendor Shampoo by John Frieda. This premium quality shampoo is formulated with Caffeine Vitality Complex that adds softness and volume to the hair, making it look healthy and shiny. The shampoo also cleanses and nourishes the hair, without stripping it of its natural oils. Ideal for fine, thin hair, flat hair, and colored hair, this shampoo is mild, lightweight and features a clean fresh fragrance. All things considered, it is perhaps one of the most versatile and effective volumizing shampoos money can buy.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
What To Look For In A Volumizing Shampoo
One should always remember that shampoos can differ quite a lot from one another, even when they’re seemingly formulated for the same general purpose. In this respect, even volumizing shampoos can stand apart from each other based on formulation, hair care, fragrance, and expected effectiveness. This is because people are so blinded by the promise of a volumizing shampoo that they sometimes disregard the long-term effect such a shampoo might have on their hair if they use it regularly. It is for this reason that you should take the time and learn as much as you possibly can about what makes a good volumizing shampoo before buying one.
You can expect a volumizing shampoo to be just as effective as the combined formula of all its ingredients. For that reason alone, you should take the time to consider exactly how the many ingredients used in its formula can achieve the desired effects and whether they can cause you any issues of any nature be it medical or otherwise. That said, let us learn more about the most common ingredients we can find in many volumizing shampoos out there.
- Biotin – We find biotin in many volumizing shampoos because it contains plenty of Vitamin H and thus lends itself to helping the roots of the hair grow stronger. Among the foods that contain Biotin, we find egg yolks, mushrooms, soybeans, and some fairly obscure vegetables. Needless to say, it isn’t just volumizing shampoos that contain biotin but a wide range of cosmetic and hair care products.
- Keratin – This is the ingredient we find the most of inside the nails, hair, and skin of any healthy person. As such, the presence of keratin in a volumizing shampoo has the purpose of boosting the strength and toughness of someone’s hair if used regularly. What’s interesting is that many people suffer from a keratin deficiency without them knowing it, people who find that by using keratin-rich volumizing shampoo, their hair strength improves overnight.
- Amino Acids – When we talk about amino acids in volumizing shampoo we mostly talk about Taurine, Cystine, Arginine, Lysine, and Glutamine to name a few. These amino acids are used by the body to not just add volume to the hair but to moisturize the surface of the skin at the same time. When it comes to volumizing shampoos, the presence of amino acids ensures that you will experience stronger hair roots after just a few applications.
- Lavender – One of the benefits of lavender in hair care products is the exquisite and pleasant fragrance many people tend to enjoy. At the same time, lavender can help prevent hair loss if used regularly, just as long as it is paired with a healthy dosage of amino acids and other useful ingredients. Other than that, it needs to be said that some have attributed all sorts of hair growth properties to lavender over the years and that there might be something to this.
- Rosemary Oil – The presence of rosemary oil in a shampoo guarantees that it will be able to nourish the hair and scalp without causing any adverse reactions in the process. Not just that but rosemary oil is also known to reduce and even prevent dandruff to some extent. Interestingly enough, rosemary oil is also sometimes associated with preventing and eliminating fungal infections when used on a regular basis.
What To Consider
- Ingredients – Perhaps the first thing someone needs to consider when getting a volumizing shampoo is whether its ingredients can actually help achieve the desired effect. In this respect, some shampoos are definitely better than others not only in practical terms but also for the cosmetic elements they possess. On a related note, you should also figure out whether a shampoo can pose certain health risks on account of its ingredients. The safest choice here is to opt for all-natural shampoos or at least to go for shampoos that contain a lot of natural ingredients.
- Type Of Hair – You also need to seriously think about what type of hair you have and how well it might be tamed by whatever shampoo you’re thinking about buying. It just so happens that some people are cursed with naturally disobedient hair and no matter what they do, they are unlikely to ever get it to fit a certain hairstyle. Bear in mind that a volumizing shampoo that works with curly hair might not work all that great with wavy hair, nor will it have the same results with thin hair that it has with particularly thick hair.
- Price Tag – At the risk of stating the obvious, there is a clear difference between cheap volumizing shampoos and expensive ones. This isn’t necessarily true for shampoos across the board because, with traditional shampoos, you can definitely find good ones towards the low-end part of the price spectrum. With volumizing shampoos, on the other hand, it is mostly the top shelf shampoos that are guaranteed to get the job done. So if you can, try your best to get a volumizing shampoo from a reputable brand, your hair will definitely feel the difference.
Benefits Of Volumizing Shampoo
If you use volumizing shampoo on a regular basis, you are bound to experience certain undeniable benefits that regular shampoos simply cannot provide. For starters, volumizing shampoo tends to lighten and thicken hair if used regularly. At the same time, a decent shampoo will also promote hair growth and strengthen the hair to remarkable standards. For that to happen, the shampoo has to incorporate all the necessary ingredients such as keratin, biotin, and plant extracts. Last but not least, you can also expect a volumizing shampoo to nourish the roots and help with your hair’s elasticity long-term.