Unlike traditional versions, modern under sink water filters are nowadays more efficient and accessible than ever. They are also highly practical and easy to install, which explains why so many people choose to employ their services at this point in time. Considering that they do not produce any wastewater, water filters should be a top priority for anyone who wishes to live a clean life and involve nothing but clean water into their cooking.
Having said that, let us point out that not all under sink water filters are created equal and that some of them are definitely better than others. Considering how many such filters are out there, you might find it a bit challenging to find one that would perfectly suit your needs; not unless you take the time to learn what makes a decent water filter to begin with. To give you a better idea of what’s out there, we put together a list of the ten best under sink water filters money can buy.
Best Under Sink Water Filters – Reviews
10Doulton W9330958 SuperCarb Under Sink Filter System
The Doulton W9330958 SuperCarb Under Sink Filter System is a heavy-duty in-line filtration system that features the latest Doulton Ceramic technology. With a range of filters to choose from, this device is made from acetal/polyester and comes equipped with push connectors measuring 3/8th inches. Crafted with a durable, sturdy plastic housing, it comes equipped with a SuperCarb ceramic filter candle and is ideal for household use. The filter is designed for quick and easy installation and comes with all necessary parts and components for easy setup.
9iSpring US31 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filtration System
The iSpring US31 3-Stage Under Sink High Capacity Tankless Drinking Water Filtration System is a premium grade household device that is up to 20 times more effective than traditional water dispensers. Equipped with a universal sediment filter measuring 10 inches in size and two 10 inch carbon block filters, it aims at removing all traces of sediments, chlorine, and other organic chemicals, leaving you with clean, colorless, odorless, delicious water. Designed to provide you with 2000 gallons of healthy water, it is easy to install and comes equipped with all the necessary parts.
8WaterChef U9000 Premium Under-Sink Water Filtration System
Constructed with a heavy-duty surgical stainless steel outer body, the WaterChef U9000 Premium Under-Sink Water Filtration System is known for its superior performance and great tasting output. Featuring the latest Big Block Filtration technology, this device removes contaminants found in tap water, like lead, chlorine, mercury, cysts, chloramine, pharmaceuticals, benzene, MTBE, detergents and more. It is crafted to filter 1000 gallons of water and uses just a single cartridge a year. Tested & Certified by NSF & WQA, this premium filtration system will provide you with clean, fresh and healthy water throughout the year.
7Woder 10K-JG-1/4 Ultra High Capacity Inline Water Filter
Providing you with over 10,000 gallons of water for no less than 3 years on a single filter, this High Capacity Water Filter is designed to last 18 times longer than your standard water filter. Thanks to its compact design and construction, it easily fits under your sink and can be wall-mounted with ease. With this device directly connected to your standard 3/8th-inch water line, it will give you instant access to clean water right from your kitchen tap. Crafted to remove 99.9% contaminants from your water, this device will leave you with clear, odorless, healthy water that is safe for you and your family.
6Aquasana 2-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System
Capable of removing up to 99% of 77 various contaminants, the Aquasana 2-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System eliminates all traces of mercury, lead, pharmaceuticals, herbicides, asbestos, pesticides and more. During the filtration process, no water is wasted and no contaminants are added to the water. This filtration system helps in retaining healthy elements, including calcium, magnesium, and potassium, providing you with the cleanest, healthiest water. Along with the filtration kit, you also get a heavy-duty metal faucet that is 100% free-from lead and ultra-stylish. Easy to install, the kit includes a complete set of filters with all the necessary tools and parts required for DIY setup.
5DuPont WFPF13003B Universal Water Filtration System
Designed to filter up to 15,000 gallons of water, the DuPont WFPF13003B Universal Water Filtration System is ideal for office and home use. Featuring the latest Universal 500 Series Poly Block Cartridge, this filter comes equipped with 3/4th-inch outlets and inlets. Thanks to its special filtration technology, it helps enhance the clarity of the water by removing all traces of dirt and sediments in turn optimizing and extending the overall durability of the appliance. It also improves the taste of your water and helps protect your kitchen tap.
4Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System
IF you want instant access to clean and healthy water, then you should at the very least consider Aquasana 3-Stage Under Sink Water Filter System. Designed to remove 99% of various types of contaminants including, mercury, lead, chlorine, pesticides and more, this device ensures no water is wasted during the filtration process. Thanks to its sediment pre-filter, it not only increases the overall capacity but provides you with 600 gallons of tasty water. Featuring a stylish faucet that is made from 100% lead-free metal, it comes with a complete kit including all parts and tools required for a quick and easy installation and setup.
3APEC WFS-1000 Super Capacity Under-Sink Water Filter System
Another premium quality filter system to make it to our list is the APEC WFS-1000. Manufactured in the US, this 3 stage filtration system features a super-high capacity that is tested and certified to remove odor, taste, and chemicals from your water. Made from heavy-duty plastic, the outer cover is durable and includes 5 feet of food-grade tubing along with 1 and 3/8th-inch feed water adapters. Including a 1st stage polypropylene sediment filter, a 2nd stage carbon block filter, and a 3rd stage additional carbon block filter, it thoroughly removes chlorine, odor, cloudiness, VOC’s, rust, dirt and dust from your water, leaving you with healthy, tasty water directly accessible from your tap.
2Woder 10K-DC Ultra High Capacity Water Filtration System
Known for its premium quality, durability, and performance, the Woder 10K-DC Ultra High Capacity Under Sink Direct Connect Water Filtration System is one among the best products of its kind. Easy to install, it comes equipped with direct connect hoses that can be fitted onto any standard size 3/8th inch valve under your sink. Uniquely crafted to remove 99.9% lead, 99.9% chlorine, heavy metals, VOC’s, contaminants, odor, and taste, it also removes all traces of mercury and turbidity, providing you with instant healthy and clean water. Designed to deliver 10,000 gallons of water over a period of 3 years, this filtration system ensures all healthy and essential minerals are retained.
1Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Quick Change Water Filtration System
The Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Quick Change Water Filtration System is a heavy-duty set of components that have been uniquely put together to provide you with healthy water that is free from contaminants. Crafted to remove soil, dirt, rust, microbial cysts, odor, sand, chlorine, and sediments, it is easy to install and connects to any kitchen faucet. Capable of providing you with a 6-month filter-life, it can filter up to 2,000 gallons of water on a single filter. Overall, it is one of the best under sink water filters the market has to offer at this point in time.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
Finding The Perfect Under Sink Water Filter
It is important to remember that most under sink water filters work up to reasonable standards, but only a handful or so can be expected to meet the highest possible levels of filtration and contamination removal. Even so, in order for the good ones to perform well, certain parameters have to be met, like water pressure, suitable faucets, and a sink system that allows for the installation of such filters. To be more precise, here is what you need to look for when buying an under sink water filter system:
- Water Pressure – This is by far one of the most important things to consider when buying because it may impact the effectiveness of your filtering system. Bear in mind, however, that if the water pressure is too strong, then the filter might not have the chance to properly filter the water as it quickly passes through the system. As a rule of thumb, it is better to have a reduced water pressure if you live in an area where the water is heavily contaminated because it allows the filter to do its job in due time.
- Filtering Capacity – Another thing to consider is the filtering capacity of whatever system you plan ton buying. While some filters are mainly equipped with basic filtering features that are meant to deal with low-range contaminants, the high-end models can be used for heavy contaminants or a specific type of contaminant that is specific to the water in your area. To know for sure, you need to first use a home water quality testing kit before buying a water filter of any kind.
- Ease Of Installation – It is necessary for a decent water filter to be not only easy to operate but also fairly easy to install. To put it bluntly, the installation and setup shouldn’t take more than half an hour or so provided that the filtration system is up to scratch. It needs to be said that the harder a filter is to install, the more likely it is that you will end up damaging the unit in the process.
- Filter Change – A decent water filtration system should have removable filters that you can replace with ease at any given time. Speaking of which, these filters should ideally be replaceable in a matter of minutes. Although the low-range models usually employ inexpensive filters, they usually perform well if the water pressure is low or controllable. Pairing a cheap filter with high water pressure is a sure way to allow contaminants to pass through the filtration system.
- Cartridge Durability – You also want to make sure that the filtration system of your choosing employs easily replaceable cartridges. In this respect, let us point out that most of them need to be replaced on a 6-moth basis or so, with some models able to last up to 3 or even 5 years or so. That said, long-lasting cartridges are usually made from high-quality materials and are guaranteed to provide decent filtering for low to mid-range water pressure faucets.
Under Sink Filters VS Countertop Filters
Many are those who ponder about whether to buy an under-sink model or a tabletop filter and they are right to do so. You see, the main advantage of under sink filters is that they do not interfere with the ongoing work you do in the kitchen on account of being out of sight. They also take up very little space when compared to countertop filters that are large and bulky by design. Not just that but they are known to provide a good filtration rate by most standards, much better than low-range countertop systems.
Benefits Of Using Under Sink Water Filters
- Sediment Removal – One of the main benefits of using under sink water filters is the guaranteed capacity to remove sediments from the water. In fact, some cartridges can even employ pleated polypropylene or a mixture of sorts that interacts well with the activated carbon filter.
- Odor Removal – Along with sediment, a good filter will also remove bad odors or taste from the water you drink. This is achieved through the ingenious carbonated filter which doesn’t contain any chlorine or heavy metals to speak of.
- Less Fluoride – Among the many benefits of under sink water filters, we find the use of Alumina systems which remove arsenic and other contaminants from the water. This way, you get to enjoy glass after glass of fresh, cold water that contains a lot less fluoride than most tap water out there.
- Less Nitrate – It isn’t just fluoride that should worry you about tap water but nitrate as well. With a decent filter, you can remove a lot of nitrates and nitrites from the water, which if left unscathed, might end up causing all sorts of issues for the very young and the elderly.
- Bacterial Removal – Last but not least, under sink water filters sometimes make use of special cartridges that help with the removal of microorganisms and bacteria. We’re talking here about Cryptosporidium, Giardia, and a variety of other dangerous bacteria that are commonly found in the water most people unsuspectedly drink on a daily basis.