The great thing about sandals, as most of you undoubtedly know, is that they can be worn with virtually any type of attire with no real limitations. From an aesthetic point of view, sandals aren’t just minimalistic but rather stylish as well, a versatility no other summer shoe can deliver. Having said that, we should point out that you might as well wear sandals during the late days of autumn as well, or even in the winter if you’re brave enough and if you pair them with the appropriate attire.
It needs to be said, however, that because of their versatile nature, sandals can differ quite a lot from one another, especially from a stylistic point of view. It is for this reason that you need to learn as much as you can not just about the current trends but about what principles define a good pair of sandals in a traditional sense. To give you a helping hand, we put together a list of the ten best sandals the market has to offer right now, both in terms of style and functionality.
Best Sandals – Reviews
10Sam Edelman Women’s Bay Slide Sandal
Stylish, chic, and comfortable, the Sam Edelman Women’s Bay Slide Sandal is known for its premium grade materials and high quality. Featuring a cutting edge, modern design and outlook, these sandals are made from high-quality leather with a heavy-duty synthetic sole. Available in a wide variety of designs and colors, it is crafted with a slip-on design that allows quick and easy putting on and taking off. Other than that, this particular sandal is also considered one of the most attractive in this price range, which tells you a lot about the exquisite nature of its design.
9Amazon Essentials Women’s Casual Strappy Sandal
Available in a variety of subtle colors, these strappy sandals from Amazon Essentials are the perfect pair of slippers for a casual day out. Made from 100% synthetic materials, it comes with a latex insole that is well cushioned and comfortable. These sandals also feature a buckle closure that can be adjusted to 5 different levels to give you the perfect fit. For added support and comfort, it features a low heel and a toe-thong post that is delicate and elegant.
8Chaco Women’s Z2 Classic Athletic Sandal
The Chaco Women’s Z2 Classic Athletic Sandal is a uniquely designed pair of women’s slippers that are available in a variety of fun colors and patterns. Made from 100% premium quality jacquard webbing, it features a sturdy outsole made from heavy-duty rubber for added durability. These sandals come equipped with woven straps that are ultra-durable and comfortable, along with a chunky footbed. Not just that but the straps can be easily adjusted to give you the perfect fit and are designed with a buckled closure.
7Olukai Women’s Ohana Sandal
Another great pair of sandals to make it to the list is this exquisite pair from Olukai. Crafted especially for women, these sandals are made from 100% synthetic with a strong rubber sole. Thanks to its neoprene foam back with jersey knit lining, this sandal offers optimum support and protection from outer impact. Resistant to water, quick drying and comfortable, these sandals come equipped with an EVA footbed that is both anti-slip and well molded to give you the perfect fit. Then again, this is precisely what you need to consider when buying any type of footwear.
6Vionic Women’s Rest BellaII Toepost Sandal
Made with a unique blend of cork and latex, the Vionic Women’s Rest BellaII Toepost Sandals are covered with premium quality leather with a center strip made from heavy duty microfibers. Featuring an elegant strappy upper design, this sandal comes with gores on both sides of the instep, providing you with an adjustable fit. Designed to take the shape of your feet, it also features a contoured construction that is comfortable. With a platform measuring approximately 0.25 inches, the heel of this sandal measures 2.25 inches in height, which renders it quite stylish.
5Blowfish Women’s Granola Fisherman Sandal
Made from 100% premium quality faux leather, the Blowfish Women’s Granola Fisherman Sandal features a real faux cork sole that is light in weight and ultra-durable. With a shaft measuring 1.55 inches from the arch of the sandal, it comes equipped with a lining made from textile and a robust insole. Designed and constructed with a faux-cork midsole, these sandals feature a strappy-design that is stylish and comfortable. Thanks to its adjustable closure, the sandal allows quick and easy putting on and taking off and offers a good snug fit.
4Birkenstock Arizona Footbed Sandals
Providing you with optimum comfort and style, the Birkenstock Arizona Sandals are uniquely crafted with premium grade suede and can be expected to go well with virtually any type of attire. Featuring a robust synthetic EVA outsole, the sandal offers optimum grip and traction on all kinds of surfaces. With a platform measuring approximately 0.25 inches, it comes equipped with two adjustable straps with a buckle closure and an anatomical footbed. It also needs to be said that these particular sandals employ a very reliable closing system to ensure a snug and secure fit.
3Pali Hawaii Unisex-Adult Classic Jandals Sandals
The Pali Hawaii Unisex-Adult Classic Jandals Sandals are available in a wide assortment of vibrant colors. Made from premium grade rubber material with a rubber sole, the sandal offers optimum grip and friction on any surface and is extremely comfortable to wear. Known for their unique style, these sandals are also called ‘Jesus slippers’ and are quite popular in Hawaii for a variety of reasons. Great for casual wear, they are great for people who have wide feet, are durable, light in weight, and come in different sizes to fit everybody’s needs.
2Sanuk Women’s Yoga Sling 2 Print Vintage Sandals
The Sanuk Women’s Yoga Sling 2 Print Vintage Sandals are a stylish pair of women’s slippers that are perfect for any occasion. Made with 100% premium quality textile, this sandal features a heavy-duty outer sole made from synthetic materials. The shaft is designed low and close to the arch, while the platform of the sandal measures 0.25 inches in size. Featuring a uniquely designed thong-flip-flop pattern, it comes with durable fabric straps to boost its durability. What’s more, the footbed of the sandal is well cushioned and offers optimum comfort and support at all times.
1Clarks Women’s Breeze Sea Flip-Flop
Known for their comfort and casual style, the Clarks Women’s Breeze Sea Flip-Flops are premium quality sandals designed for a day out at the beach or by the pool. Light in weight, durable, and sporty by design, these sandals are soft and are designed with a synthetic upper with a printed footbed and fabric thing straps. Available in a variety of beautiful colors, these sandals are easy to put on and take off, thanks to their slip-on design. Furthermore, the midsole is designed with a matching stripe that enhances the overall appearance of the sandal without sacrificing any comfort in the process.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
What To Look For In A Pair Of Sandals
To some extent, sandals give you the comfort of being barefoot paired with the reliability of a pair of summer shoes. Stylish and relatively light in weight, sandals come in all shapes and sizes, although they tend to meet specific standards of comfort and flexibility. Now, we should point out that versatile footwear isn’t known for sticking to the standards, which is why you need to take the time and figure out what exactly defines a decent pair of sandals and make sure you have a good understanding of what the market has to offer before buying a pair.
Types Of Sandals
- Flips – We should point out that flips are very popular among sandals, not just for their flimsy yet comfortable design but also for being quite inexpensive. A pair of slips can also be put on or taken off in just a few seconds, which is a big plus when it comes to summer footwear of any kind. As far as comfort goes, flips can be expected to be similar to slippers albeit a bit more stylish overall. You can also expect flips to come equipped with rubber top soles that render the sandals a lot more durable by most standards.
- Huaraches – Although not as popular or nearly as widespread as flips, these type of sandals are quickly earning their spot in a market dominated by style and practicality. In terms of design, these sandals represent a mix between flips and hiking sandals, in the sense that they comprise a simple rubber sole along with a narrow webbing that splits at the big toe. Quite simplistic in their design, huaraches are very light in weight and extremely easy to care for maintenance-wise.
- Hiking Sandals – Even though you probably shouldn’t go hiking in sandals, short trips across known grounds can definitely be rendered more enjoyable by the appropriate footwear. Perfect for trekking across shorter distances, hiking sandals usually incorporate a cinch buckle for a snug fit, a buckle that’s usually paired with a practical outsole. Some of these sandals can also incorporate stiff midsoles for increased resistance to tearing, which is why it’s the go-to choice of people who play water sports.
- Closed Toe Sandals – These particular sandals are designed by extending the outsole of the sandal up and around the front part of the foot in order to create a rubber shield for increased toe protection. As such, closed toe sandals are more or less perfect for long summer walks regardless of how rough the terrain gets. Perhaps the only setback with sandals such as these is the fact that debris can sometimes find its way into the toe area of the sandal.
You can expect decent sandals to boast quality materials in their making, especially the ones designed for hiking or active wearing. Due to the fact that they have to protect your feet against sharp rocks or debris of any kind, decent sandals usually involve a combination of rubber, EVA, leather, and a combination of synthetic materials. Needless to say, there isn’t exactly a standard when it comes to how sandals are built, so you need to judge each pair on a case-by-case basis.
- Platforms – Some sandals are built in the style of platforms, in the sense that they are equipped with a thick sole that’s usually of a uniform height from heel to toe. In that regard, they are seen as a mix between flat and wedge sandals, with the added notion that they aren’t equally comfortable. Speaking of which, these sandals can be quite comfortable as far as shoes go, but perhaps not as flexible and versatile as other types of sandals.
- Wedges – Wedge sandals are designed to be exclusively tall in the heel area, to the point they resemble stilettos from a distance. From a utilitarian standpoint, they are a step above most high heels, so at least there’s a point to the wedge design. Interestingly enough, these types of sandals are rather bland in their patterns and coloring, despite the ingenious design and the odd shape. Even so, they are definitely more stylish than flips on account of their aesthetics alone.
- Flats – These are a more traditional type of sandal, the type that you can find in almost any shoe store. Although they perhaps lack the flashiness of wedge and platform sandals, they definitely make up in practicality what they lack in style. For the most part, these sandals are quite lightweight and easy to care for. They are also equipped with straps and buckles that make them easy to put on even when you’re in a rush.
- Low Heels – Similar to flats in that they aren’t too bulky or intricate in their design, they are seen as being more utilitarian and practical. Perfect for those of you who aren’t fully comfortable wearing high heels, these sandals are great for casual wear and for combining with summer attire. Other than that, we should point out that low-heel sandals are usually multifaced, in the sense that they can boast intricate patterns on the upper.