We should preface this by pointing out the obvious fact that pore minimizers aren’t just one type of product but a selection of very specific formulas. Some people seem to believe that pore minimizers only come in the form of either toner or face masks whereas, in reality, they can come in many other forms. For instance, pore minimizers can be found in the form of healing clays, foam cleansers, facial toners, or even so-called vitamin serums that more and more women are beginning to rely on nowadays.
Depending on their formula, good pore minimizers can minimize pores almost instantly while smoothing out the texture of the skin and providing a good base for makeup. This has the purpose of making makeup last longer without having to perform any touch-ups throughout the day. That said, let us point out that pore minimizers can differ in efficiency and reliability from one product to another. To ensure that you’re getting the right quality, we put together a list of the ten best pore minimizers money can buy for you to look at.
Best Pore Minimizers – Reviews
10Mary Kay Timewise Pore Minimizer
The Mary Kay Timewise Pore Minimizer is a powerful performer when it comes to reducing the appearance of pores on the skin as well as reducing the amount of oil, wrinkles, and fine lines from the skin. With an all-natural formula, this pore minimizer is infused with 100% gluten-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free ingredients. It is perfect for all types of skins including oily, dry, or wrinkled and can be used under or over daily makeup. This formula helps hydrate the skin and keeps it soft, smooth, and healthy throughout the day.
9The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimizer
As one of the biggest names in the cosmetic industry, The Body Shop stands out through their all-natural products and their Tea Tree Pore Minimizer is definitely one of their finest products available. It acts quickly by reducing the appearance of large, open pores and moisturizes the skin to keep it soft and healthy. This product is perfect for those who suffer from blemished skin as well as oily, dry, or wrinkled skin. It makes the skin smooth and gives it a matte finish without drying it out and primes the skin for your daily makeup. What’s more, the ingredients used in the formula are 100% paraben-free, vegan, and gluten-free and contains tea tree oil for a healthier glow.
8Epielle Charcoal Pore Minimizer
It is a known fact that charcoal is a power ingredient when it comes to beauty cosmetics and the Epielle Charcoal Pore Minimizer is a clear example of that. This product contains charcoal traps that go deep into the skin and draw out all the dirt while also closing and reducing the appearance of pores. Interestingly enough, its formula works well against oily skin as well and removes all traces of oil and dirt quickly. It can also be used with all types of skin types and is extremely gentle on sensitive skin thanks to the natural ingredients infused into it.
7Majestic Pure Dead Sea Mud Mask Infused with Tea Tree Oil
With a natural detoxifying, nourishing, and calming effect, the Majestic Pure Dead Sea Mud Mask Infused with Tea Tree Oil is made for all kinds of skin types. The ingredients used in the formula include Tea Tree Oil, Dead Sea Mud Mask, Vitamin E, and Jojoba Oil which gives the skin a youthful look. The Dead Sea Mud Mask is infused with 100% natural Tea Tree Oil and is completely cruelty-free. The mask is extremely concentrated and you only require a small amount to give your skin a smooth, moisturized finish.
6Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Pore Primer
If you suffer from acne, oily skin, and opened pores, the Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Pore Primer might be the best choice for you. We say this because it instantly starts working and closes pores and reduces fine lines to give your skin a smooth and soft finish. This revolutionary balm can be applied under or over your regular makeup and does not cause the pores to open up with heat and humidity. It also contains vitamin E which is known to help rejuvenate skin and protects it from excess oil, dirt, and aging.
5Pure Biology Premium Face Mask
The Pure Biology Premium Face Mask offers you smooth, soft, moisturized skin without leaving it dry and oily. The formula is packed with Vitamins B, C, and E which help keep the skin healthy and moisturized as well as retinol, bentonite clay, kaolin clay, and natural alpha-hydroxy acids. This mask detoxifies the skin and reduces inflammation while also lightening spots and acne scars. At the same time, it reduces the harmful effects of UV rays, helps hydrate the skin keeping it smooth and soft, and is perfect for all types of skin including oily, sensitive, and dry.
4Elizavecca Hell Pore Control Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum
Designed to keep all skin types healthy, smooth, and hydrated, the Elizavecca Hell Pore Control Hyaluronic Acid Facial Serum stands out for all the right reasons. The formula contains 97% of hyaluronic acid serum which captures and moisturizes the skin while also reducing the pores and keeping it plump and soft. The serum also helps whiten the skin and keeps it free from fine lines, wrinkles, and acne and can be used as a daily serum for sensitive skin.
3Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Primer
With a 100% waterproof and long-lasting formula, the Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Primer is perfect for anyone who suffers from oily skin, wrinkles, lines, and open pores. This minimizer can be used under your makeup and keeps you looking fresh and active all day long. At the same time, this primer minimizes the appearance of pores and reduces fine lines and wrinkles so you always look your best. It also offers you a smooth, matte finish without drying out your skin and keeps your face shine-free for hours. What’s more, this primer is paraben-free as well as cruelty-free and is made from natural ingredients that are perfect for all skin types.
2Cosmedica Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin
If you are looking for something that will deal with wrinkles, aging skin, and open-pore, then the Cosmedica Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Serum might be what you need. With it, you get a better texture while also brightening your skin and adding moisture to your dry, oily skin. The formula contains 100% pure hyaluronic acid serum which keeps the skin hydrated and closes the pores quickly to retain moisture. It also reduces the signs of aging and smoothes out lines and wrinkles while also making the skin plumper and softer.
1Aztec Secret – Indian Healing Clay
Made from 100% Calcium Bentonite Clay, the Aztec Secret – Indian Healing Clay will help you close and minimize your pores quickly and effectively. This soothing clay does not contain any animal products, fragrances, or additives which could be harmful to sensitive skin. This clay mask can be applied daily and should be washed off within 5-10 minutes to avoid dryness or redness. We should also point out that it is perfect for acne, facials, foot soaks, and even body wraps and is made from all-natural ingredients.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
What To Look For In A Pore Minimizer
Not many are those who understand that skin loses elasticity over time, especially if you have naturally oily or greasy skin. With a reliable pore minimizer, you can avoid the many issues that larger pores can cause in the long run. As many of you already know, finding a good pore minimizer isn’t exactly easy, not with the galaxy of choices the market has to offer at this point in time. Sure, pores are controllable to some extent, but only by employing the right pore minimizer. Before we get into the specifics, we should perhaps take the time and learn more about the basic nature of pore minimizers and what you can realistically expect from one.
Types Of Pore Minimizers
- Pore Minimizing Serums – With a pore minimizing serum, you get a combination of nourishing oils and chemicals intended to minimize pores without posing any risks to the skin. Among the popular brands, we find products that contain Manuka oil, Salicylic acid, Hyaluronic acid, Oleanolic acid, and Retinol, chemicals that serve the role of clarifying the skin and tighten pores. At the same time, these chemicals also possess antimicrobial and anti-bacterial properties, which is why they are best used after you wash your face.
- Pore Minimizing Creams – A cream should be used not just as a pore minimizer but as a facial cleanser as well. You should also use it about twice a day to get the most out of it because it contains active ingredients that can be expected to provide a deep clean of the skin pores while tightening them. It should be said, however, that if you have sensitive skin, then you should ensure that you moisture the skin with a facial cream after using the cleaner itself because the chemicals can dry out the skin over time.
- Pore Minimizing Masks – Masks represent a good way of treating large pores on account of the charcoal and clay contents they incorporate. These ingredients are great for tightening pores regardless of your skin type, although the application of the mask makes the process a bit tedious. Talking about ingredients, we should point out that charcoal is great for treating pesky blackheads that can sometimes form in the large pores on your nose or cheeks, rendering your skin smoother in the process.
- Pore Minimizing Cleansers – With a decent cleanser, you get twice the prowess of traditional pore minimizers, along with the benefit of getting a cleaner skin in the process. If you can, look for a cleanser that contains Salicylic acid and Benzoyl Peroxide as they are great for tightening pores and providing a deep cleansing. Bear in mind that if you have particularly sensitive skin, then you should make sure to moisturize the skin with a soothing agent or cream before making use of any cleanser, because the chemicals may dry the skin to some extent.
- All-Natural Pore Minimizers – The greatest benefit all-natural minimizers provide is their versatility. You see, an all-natural pore minimizer can effectively be used by people with any type of skin, be it sensitive, oily, or greasy. Keep in mind that these types of minimizers come in all shapes and sizes, in the sense that they can either be marketed as cleansing products, toners, and even serums. It also needs to be said that they tend to include naturally astringent ingredients like witch hazel, tea tree oil, aloe, and willow bark oil.
Regardless of whether you are buying an all-natural minimizer or otherwise, you want to first of all pay close attention to the ingredients. For the most part, decent minimizers contain stuff like Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide, which can differ in regard to how they affect the skin. While Salicylic Acid is easier on the skin, Benzoyl Peroxide-based minimizers tend to be more potent, albeit at the risk of irritating sensitive skin in the process. You are advised, in this regard, that you pay very close attention to the comprising ingredients of any pore minimizers and check to see if the product fits your skin requirements.
It isn’t just the ingredients that should concern you when looking for pore minimizers but the overall quality of the product as well. A good way to ensure that you’re getting the right quality is to pay close attention to the manufacturer. Although there might be off-brands that perform relatively well, you should definitely go for a reputable brand if you have the possibility. This is because world-renowned manufacturers tend to test their products thoroughly in regards to how they react to people with sensitive or peculiar skin types. You should definitely do this if your skin is sensitive or prone to breakouts of any kind.
Advantages Of Using Pore Minimizers
Perhaps the greatest benefit pore minimizers provide along with tightening the actual pores is the aesthetic boost they provide. In this respect, let us point out that many pore minimizers will also boost the long wear of makeup during the day. At the same time, pore minimizers can and will smooth, hydrate, and exfoliate the skin when used on a regular basis. As we already pointed out, decent pore minimizers also meet a more cosmetic standard, in the sense that you can also use them as primers.
Causes For Large Pores
If you’re in the market for a pore minimizer, it might be because you are dealing with pore related issues. To put it bluntly, there are three main causes for developing large pores: your skin type, your age, and your sex. To some extent, people with oily skin are likely to develop large pores over time because of the dirt that gets stuck on the face on a daily basis. Not just that but you also have to understand that your skin loses elasticity as you get older. As such, your skin pores may get a bit wider simply because you are getting older, with no additional causes other than the aging process. Last but not least, it needs to be said that men have larger skin pores than women for the most part, even though hormonal changes can increase pore size in women, be it temporary when menstruating or even permanent when suffering from long-term hormonal changes.