It isn’t just sophistication that leads people to try new, peculiar things or to develop exquisite tastes, sometimes it’s a matter of necessity. If you are one of those people who have had the pleasure of drinking frothed coffee at a restaurant and then wondered why you couldn’t experience such deliciousness at home, then you’re in luck. As chance would have it, there definitely is a way for you to enjoy frothed milk-based beverages within the comfort of your own home, just as long as you have the wisdom to invest in a milk frother.
These versatile yet highly practical machines come in a variety of shapes and sizes, which wasn’t always the case. Over these past few years, however, the market was flooded with various frothers, some more ingenious than others. What you want is to first educate yourself on what makes a good milk frother so that you can make an educated choice when buying one. To help you through, we put together a list of the ten best milk frothers money can buy.
Best Milk Frothers – Reviews
10Bialetti Manual Glass Milk Frother
Equipped with a double frothing pump, the Bialetti Manual Glass Milk Frother creates smooth and rich frothed milk in just a few seconds. Ideal for coffees, cappuccinos, lattes, and hot chocolate, this device makes extra thick foam that is both delicious and soft. Crafted with a 3 cup capacity beaker with a slip-resistant base, it is very easy to wash and can also be placed in the microwave for heating purposes. Easy to operate and safe to use, this milk frothing device is great for home as well as professional use on account of its user-friendly design.
9Remeel Handheld Milk Frother
Powered by two AA batteries, the Remeel Handheld Milk Frother is a heavy-duty, portable device designed to create rich foamy froth at home, or on-the-go. Featuring a unique design and rather ingenious construction, it is very space efficient and can stand up on its own. Equipped with a durable food-grade stainless steel whisk with a sturdy wand, it instantly starts the foaming process when turned on. Equipped with a powerful motor, this easy to use foaming mixer can turn hot or cold milk into delicious froth within seconds. This makes it one of the most reliable frothers out there.
8Secura 4-in-1 Electric Automatic Milk Frother
The Secura 4-in-1 Electric Automatic Milk Frother is a premium grade kitchen gadget designed to create thick, creamy froth for hot chocolate, coffees, lattes and more. With the ability to make 250 ml of milk into foam, it comes with double the capacity of your standard milk frothing devices. Featuring four different settings to choose from and attachments that include a heating whisk for hot milk & hot chocolate along with a frothing whisk for hot and cold froth as well as hot chocolate, this milk frother can create delicious foam in just a couple of minutes. Furthermore, the jug and lid are dishwasher safe and can be removed from the electric base for easy cleaning.
7K-Brands Electric Milk Frother
Unlike most milk frothing devices of its kind, this electric milk frother from K-brands is a powerful device that comes with a heavy-duty motor and equally strong whisk. Powered by just two AA batteries, this handheld, portable device can turn hot or cold milk into delicious thick and creamy froth for your coffees, hot chocolates, and lattes. Equipped with a sturdy wand made from food grade 18/10 stainless steel, it is equally resistant to rust and damage. Great for making foam, this device can also be used to whisk whipped cream, eggs, soups, desserts and more. Easy to clean and maintain, the wand can be washed and rinsed under running water.
6Bodum 11653-18 Chambord Classic Milk Frother
The simplistic yet efficient gadget is a manual device that creates soft, smooth foam in minutes. Easy to operate, this milk frothing device simply requires consistent hand pumping up and down until the volume of froth inside the container increases. With a durable beaker made from premium quality glass, it is microwave safe and can also be washed in the dishwasher. For ease of use, it comes with a special indicator that is marked on the beaker, showing you the correct amount of milk that should be poured into the container, to ensure that you won’t experience any type of spills.
5Miroco Electric Milk Steamer & Frother
Popularly known for its exceptional features, quality and durability, this particular frother is unlike any other of its kind. With just a single click, this device can create thick creamy foam or can heat your milk for your favorite latte, hot chocolate or cappuccino. Noise-free, this device does not make any sound while it prepares delicious foamy froth in just one minute. Featuring a state of the art automatic NTC temperature control mechanism, it automatically turns off the device if any overheating is experienced. Made with premium quality stainless steel, it is easy to clean and is resistant to damage. Thanks to its ergonomically designed spout, the frothing container can also be used as a serving jug, ensuring there will be no spills during or after the frothing is complete.
4Norpro Glass Froth Master
The Norpro Glass Froth Master is designed to produce thick creamy foam that works great with virtually any type of lattes, coffees, and hot chocolate. Without the need for any electricity, this unique gadget froths milk manually with no steam required whatsoever. Featuring a durable glass beaker with an anti-slip base that provides optimum stability while pumping, this gadget can turn cream, non-fat milk, hot or cold milk into rich, smooth, creamy froth within just a few seconds. Along with the pumping device and container, the froth master also comes with a recipe book and an instruction manual.
3Sayeso Automatic Milk Frother
Designed with the ability to create froth from hot or cold milk as well as heat milk for lattes and other hot beverages, the Sayeso Milk Frother comes with a total capacity of 300 ml. Noise-free, quick, and easy to operate, this device can make foam or heat milk within just a minute. Thanks to its non-stick interior, it does not leave any elements in your milk and is very easy to clean. Made with a premium grade stainless steel exterior and vacuum insulation, it ensures your milk stays warm for a very long period of time. Equipped with a detachable base, the frothing container can be lifted off and used as a serving jug as well.
2Bellemain Stainless Steel Hand Pump Milk Frother
It is very important for a milk frother to be not just practical but quick as well. Such is the case with the Bellemain Stainless Steel Hand Pump Milk Frother which creates rich creamy froth in just a few seconds. Ideal for cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, eggnog, and more, this manual, hand-pumping device is easy to operate and extremely portable. With no electricity needed, it is great for utilizing on the go and is resistant to breaking and damage. It also works with any kind of milk including non-fat, dairy or dairy-free, hot or cold, a versatility that recommends it for a variety of beverages. Made from premium quality food grade stainless steel, this gadget is resistant to scratches, rust, and stains of any sort.
1Ninja Coffee Bar Easy Milk Frother
Faster than any electric milk frother, the Ninja Coffee Bar Easy Milk Frother produces foamy rich, voluminous froth in anywhere between 10 to 100 pumps. Since the froth is created simply by hand pumping, this ingenious frother requires no electricity to speak of as it employs no machinery whatsoever. With the ability to froth hot and cold milk into foam in just a few seconds, this device doubles the volume of milk added as it foams up. We should also point out that it is made with premium quality glass and that it features a durable container along with a stable non-slip base. Last but not least, the glass beaker is microwave and dishwasher safe, which makes it very easy to clean up.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
Buying The Perfect Milk Frother
Before delving into what the market has to offer, you need to bide your time and learn as much as you possibly can about the specifics. Mainly, you need to figure out which type of frother best suits your needs and whether you need a simplistic model or an electric version. With that out of the way, you need to pay close attention to the particularities and the ease of use each model showcases. Failure to do so will result in a bulky, inflexible frother that barely does what’s required of it, a mistake many others have made in the past.
Types of Milk Frothers
- Handheld Frothers – As the name suggests, these frothers are operated by hand and are usually rather compact in size. It isn’t the whole device that spins with handheld frothers but the whisk which may operate at various speeds depending on the frother’s construction. Interestingly enough, these frothers don’t usually come with a container, which makes them rather inexpensive when compared to jug-style frothers.
- Jug Style Frothers – These frothers are built rather differently than handheld versions, in that they come with a beaker. It’s either that or a container of sorts along with a whisk for the actual frothing. We need to point out that these frothers usually operate on the basis of induction heating and cooling elements. This is to help the user get the job done without having to manually heat or cool the milk at a later time.
- Electric Milk Frothers – Keep in mind that electric milk frothers can either be handheld or jug-style. By far the biggest advantage of electric models is the increased speed, which is precisely why many people prefer them over traditional frothers. With a jug-style electric frother, for example, all you have to do is pour the milk into the jug, flip the switch, and lay back as the machine does all the work for you.
What To Look For
- Capacity – The first thing to consider is the capacity and rightfully so. While you shouldn’t expect a milk frother to handle loads too large, the bare minimum is a single cup. If you want, you can, of course, go for a more advanced model that can process two or multiple cups at the same time. Manufacturers usually include the information on the package, so you must take your time and read up on the machine’s frothing capabilities to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
- Heating – Even though most milk frothers can prepare regular hot beverages like lattes, chocolates, and cappuccinos, some can even be used to warm milk or cool it down. Needless to say, versatile frothers like the latter usually command a bigger price tag and understandably so considering how practical they can be. For instance, bear in mind that iced frappes or coffees require sudden changes in temperature, which isn’t something that low-end models are capable of.
- Size – While you definitely want a frother that can process multiple cups of milk at the same time, you shouldn’t sacrifice valuable countertop space to get it. Remember that bulky frothers are also notoriously difficult to operate, especially when you’re in a rush. Furthermore, unless you plan on using it all day every day, then think about the storage issue. You will definitely find it hard to fit inside cupboards or kitchen shelves if it’s too large, never mind how efficient it is when you decide to actually use it.
- Frothing Disc – A decent milk frother should also be equipped with a reliable frothing disc. Many of these devices come with not one but multiple frothing disks designed to help with the frothing process. They enable the machine to mix froths at various consistencies for different types of froth-based drinks. Every froth enthusiast knows that cappuccinos require thicker froths whereas lattes require a slightly thinner froth.
- Construction – As long as you have realistic standards about what a perfect milk frother is supposed to look like, chances are that you’ll end up finding one. Depending on your budget, you can go for a stainless steel milk frother, be it manual or electric. The next best thing is glass, which even though is more fragile, it makes up in design what it lacks in sturdiness. It is important to remember that no matter which version you choose, they will most likely pack several plastic accessories.