Superior in almost every aspect to common Halogen bulbs, most HID headlights stand out through their brightness and versatility. Although you need a good HID conversion kit to properly install such lights, the end result is totally worth the effort. Truth be told, the sheer power is enough to make the case for such an investment, but when you combine it with the color variety and the customization choices, then you get a clear idea of why HID headlights are so popular at this point in time.
It should be said, however, that not all hid headlights are created equal and neither are the hid kits people use to install them. If anything, the variety of choices can make it rather difficult for someone to come to the correct conclusion without some prior professional help. This is where we come into the picture as we have taken all the necessary steps to learn as much as humanly possible about what makes them special to begin with. So without further ado, here are the ten best HID kits the market has to offer right now.
Best HID Kits – Reviews
10Innovited DC 35W Xenon HID Lights Kit
With the Innovited DC 35W Xenon HID Lights Kit, you don’t have to be a trained engineer or mechanic to fix your car lights. These bulbs bring “Plug and Play” technology to the automobile world and it takes just about 20 minutes to install the bulbs with no additional help. Interestingly enough, there are no added wires or resistors to get in the way which also help complete your repairs quicker. What’s more, these bulbs are extremely durable and last up to 5 times longer than regular car bulbs while offering up to 3 times the brightness and consuming 35% less power.
9DDM Tuning Plus 35W Premium HID Kit
If you’re looking for an easy to use, yet powerful HID kit, the DDM Tuning Plus 35W Premium HID Kit can be quite a viable option for you. This kit comes with Ultra Bulbs which are about 20% brighter and takes a shorter amount of time to warm up while the premium quality Ballasts remain cooler and last longer than most regular ballasts. These bulbs produce 3,400 lumens which is adequate for driving at night and does not disturb oncoming traffic with intense beams of light.
8Xentec Xenon 9005 6000K HID
The Xentec Xenon Bulb kit consists of a pair of high-quality xenon bulbs, a pair of premium ballasts, and some added accessories. The bulbs fit onto any car socket and can be done easily with help from a professional. The 35w standard ballasts are electronic and made to fit the xenon bulbs exactly while also offering them a longer life. The bulbs offer a maximum brightness level of 3,200 lumens which is perfect for driving at night in any conditions.
7Lumenon 35W HID Kit
The Lumenon 35w HID Kit is one of the best options when it comes to car lights thanks to its quick and easy installation process as well as the top-notch performance it offers. These 35W bulbs are extremely bright and have a maximum level of brightness that is set at 6,000 lumens. Each of the bulbs has a lifespan of about 5,500 hours which is at least three times longer than regular halogen lights. We should point out that the light is white in color and does not cause fogging or dark spots for a safer drive, even at night.
6Xtreme Vision 35W Xenon HID Lights
The Xtreme Vision 35W Xenon HID Lights can be used for all types of lighting solutions including high-beam, low-beam, and fog lights which make them perfect for most cars. They are 3 times brighter and last for up to 5 times longer than regular halogen bulbs. With their easy to install Plug and Play design, you will not spend more than 20 minutes to replace your next car bulb. Interestingly enough, the kit is also 100% water-resistant and shockproof which is ideal for all types of cars and driving situations and consumes almost 35% less energy than regular bulbs.
5Innovited Premium AC Canbus HID Kit
The slim profile design of the Innovited Premium AC Canbus HID Kit ensures that you don’t have to worry about intricate installation or replacement of your car bulb. These bulbs can be used in both cars and motorcycles which makes it extremely versatile and productive. We should point out that there is a proper waterproof seal around the bulbs and ballasts which ensure they can be used in the rain without any issues. They also resist dust and are extremely shockproof so no matter how bumpy the road, these bulbs will perform at the highest level.
4Hikari Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit
The Hikari Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit comes with one of the brightest bulbs in the business and offers a uniform beam pattern for better driving experiences. These high-tech LED bulbs fit onto most modern cars and provide unmatched performance in terms of brightness and efficiency. The maximum output you get is 12,000 lumens for each pair of bulbs which is more than enough to create a clear driving path even in dark surroundings.
3Sealight LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit
This particular kit comes with extremely powerful bulbs that produce 6,000 lumens per pair and use up a lot less power than conventional car bulbs. The Plug and Play design make it easy to install or replace and can be completed in under 30 minutes without the need for tools. What’s more, the bulbs fit onto most cars and offer a bright, wide beam of light that is visible during the day as well.
2Cougar Motor LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit
These 60W bulbs offer a maximum output of 7,200 lumens per pair which is perfect for poorly lit roads at night. The bulbs are more than 200% brighter than regular halogen bulbs and produce a straight beam without fogging or creating dark spots that disturb you and the oncoming drivers. Each bulb is guaranteed to last for up to 50,000 hours thanks to its sturdy housing and effective cooling technology. Furthermore, the Plug and Play feature makes it easy to install in under 20 minutes and does not require tools.
1Beamtech H11 LED Headlight Bulb
With the Beamtech H11 LED Headlight Bulb set, you get one of the best and most popular car light kits available. The pair of bulbs produce a very bright 8,000 lumens which are brighter than most halogen or LED car lights. They are waterproof and have an IP65 rating while the lifespan of these bulbs ranges anywhere from 20,000 to 30,000 hours at just 25W. it also needs to be said that the bulbs do not warm up excessively and cool down quicker than most bulbs which extend their life considerably. Last but not least, they are super easy to install thanks to the Plug and Play feature and do not require tools to replace.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
What To Look For In A Hid Kit
Given their tremendous brightness and versatility, hid headlights enjoy quite a rise in popularity recently and understandably so. One thing to remember, however, is that these lights sometimes come packed in hid conversion kits that you can use to properly install them onto your car. These kits are all-inclusive for the most part, in the sense that they feature all the necessary tools to help you install the headlights without the use of too many additional tools. That said, some of these kits are definitely better equipped than others, which is why you want to do your homework before committing to a purchase of any kind.
Understanding HID and LED Headlights
As you may already know, the term HID refers to ‘High-Intensity Discharge’ whereas LED refers to ‘Light Emitting Diode’. Needless to say, the HID version of headlights provide a much brighter output, which is why so many people choose to use them these days. In principle, an HID bulb is similar to halogen bulb construction-wise, with the notion that an HID bulb replaces the filament with a capsule of Xenon gas instead. When ignited, this gas burns tremendously fast thus providing an extremely intense light. By comparison, an LED uses a diode for light emission, with a tiny circuit capable of concentrated glow via a plastic capsule of Xenon gas.
Why Get A HID Kit
- Inexpensive – Given their impressive brightness, HID kits are quite inexpensive and easy to come by. This is because the technology behind HID bulbs isn’t exactly new, although the gases used for combustion represent a recent initiative. Due to how inexpensive these bulbs are to produce, the selling price tag is also quite accessible overall. Not just that but competition is also high at the top, which forces low-end brands to adjust their prices accordingly.
- Bright – Needless to say, HID bulbs are extremely bright when compared to normal bulbs and impressive still when compared to halogen bulbs. For instance, a standard 35-watt HID bulb can give out three times the brightness a similar Halogen bulb can produce. This will not only improve your visibility but do so without draining too much of your battery in the process. Not just that but these bulbs will also make you more visible on the road at night.
- Easy to Install – We should point out that the installation process for HID lights is relatively painless and that it doesn’t require too many additional tools. Perhaps the most popular here are the plug&play versions which you can simply install in place of your old headlights. Even with stand-alone HID lights, you still shouldn’t take more than maybe twenty minutes or so depending on your skill level, car type, and available space.
- Versatile – Another thing to point out about HID lights is their impressive versatility. You see, a halogen bulb usually comes in a single color, whereas HID bulbs can be brought in no fewer than 7 colors for you to choose from. This is done via subtle adjustments in the delivered power to the Xenon gas in the actual bulb. Now, as the power increases, the bulb changes color across a substantial spectrum.
- Pretty – It isn’t just the bright and versatile coloring that makes these particular bulbs stand out but the way they look as well. We say this because HID bulbs look great by most visual standards, even when they’re running a low setting. Therefore, many if not most HID bulbs are guaranteed to enhance the general aesthetics of your car. That aside, they also look pretty cool straight out of the box.
Features To Consider
- Wattage – The first and foremost thing to consider when buying bulbs of any kind is whether they can deliver the brightness you require. With HID kits, most bulbs come in either 35 or 55-watt versions and they usually perform acceptably across the board. Bear in mind, however, that even the 35-watt versions are about three times brighter than standard headlights. They are also a lot easier on the electrical wiring of your car, which is definitely something you want to consider with bright bulbs of any kind.
- Supply – The power supply is essential with headlights and bulbs of any kind, which is why you want a kit that operates an AC power supply. Not only are these kits more widespread but the reason why they are so popular might have something to do with how gentle they are on a car’s wiring. That said, AC HID kits are also quite inexpensive by most standards, a lot cheaper than DC-powered kits in many ways.
- Setup & Maintenance – The actual customer support many of these manufacturers offer should also weigh on your judgment, especially in regards to the installation process. Although most of these kits are pretty straightforward in their setup and installation, it still couldn’t hurt to at least have the option to ask for assistance should you encounter any difficulties. In principle, this also applies to the maintenance requirements of the set itself so that you minimize the risk of technical issues in the long run.