It is a well-established fact that the air quality inside your home can be a lot more polluted than the air outside, which explains why so many people use air purifiers nowadays. Part of the reason why this happens is because of the building materials used in the making of our houses and partly due to the many items we own that constantly release contaminants on a daily basis. Seeing how most people spend an awful lot of time indoors, we unknowingly expose ourselves to harmful substances that might end up causing us a range of problems in the long run.
A good way to ensure that you are kept safe from harmful contaminants at all times is to invest in an air purifier if you haven’t already. Some of these devices even work well with clearing out smoke, which is an unavoidable by-product of cooking indoors. Now, you should know that not all these purifiers meet the same functional standards, nor are they all capable of dealing with smoke the same way. With that in mind, let us take a look at the ten best air purifiers for smoke the market has to offer at this point in time.
Best Air Purifiers For Smoke – Reviews
10Pure Enrichment PureZone Halo True HEPA Air Purifier
Known for its premium quality and exceptional performance, the Pure Enrichment PureZone Halo 2-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier is designed to capture up to 99.97% of dust, smoke, mildew and mold, pet dander and odor. Featuring 3 fan speeds, it can be adjusted accordingly depending on the quality of air in the room. The device comes equipped with an automatic timer that turns off the device after 2, 4 and 8 hours to help conserve energy while increasing the life of the filter. Ideal for small to medium bedrooms, office spaces, and dorm rooms, the air purifier can cover up to 100 square feet of space.
9Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13 Air Purifier
The Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13 Air Purifier is a heavy-duty device, crafted with the ability to provide a 2,400 square feet coverage, removing smoke, dust, odor, allergens, pollen and more. Featuring True HEPA 3 Stage Filtration on either side of the device, it provides twice the filtration. Equipped with a touch screen control panel, it features 4 different fan speeds, allowing you to choose your desired speed with ease, a sleep mode that automatically shuts off the device when required, and a child lock for optimum safety purposes.
8Airthereal Pure Morning APH260 Purifier
Equipped with a True HEPA Filter and an Activated Carbon Filter, the Airthereal Pure Morning APH260 Purifier is designed to eliminate all airborne pollutants effectively. Ideal for bedrooms, living rooms and office spaces, it can cover up to 355 square feet of space and produces results in a minimum of 10 minutes. Featuring the latest Smart Control Technology, it automatically monitors the air and adjusts the mode of air purification depending on the environment. It also comes equipped with a sleep mode that ensures the machine runs throughout the night, completely noise-free.
7Ivation Ozone Generator Air Purifier
Designed to purify the air in a space measuring up to 3,500 square feet, the Ivation Ozone Generator Air Purifier also works as an ionizer and a deodorizer. Providing all-day dust control, this device provides fresher healthier air with minimal allergens, dust, and irritants. Thanks to the activated oxygen present, it helps remove unpleasant odors from food, pets, mold, paint, and tobacco and captures smoke, pollen, dust and more. Crafted and constructed with a durable cherry wood exterior with a stainless steel cabinet, it features a stylish outlook and would accentuate any room.
6RabbitAir BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
The RabbitAir BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier is crafted to filter up to 550 square feet of air in 60 minutes on the highest speed setting. Featuring a filtration process that includes 4 stages of deodorization and purification, it comes equipped with HEPA and charcoal-based activated carbon filters that are durable and would last up to 3 years with a12-hour daily use. It also comes equipped with a BLDC motor that is noise-free and powerful. Energy efficient, high in quality, and very easy to use, this device is one of the best of its kind.
5AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier
Featuring a True HEPA filter, the AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier comes equipped with AeraSafe antimicrobial treatment and a high-quality carbon filter that provides a 4-stage filtration process. Crafted with the ability to trap up to 99.7% airborne germs and bacteria, this device is ideal for large rooms measuring 300 to 600 square feet. The device also comes with an odor eliminator that works towards trapping mold, germs, dust and smoke that cause allergies and are harmful to asthma patients. It also comes designed with the latest AreaSmart Sensor that automatically monitors the quality of the air and adjusts the speed of the fan to ensure the air around you is purified.
4Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier
The Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier is a premium quality device that features the latest Ture HEPA air filtration system with an active carbon filter. These filters work in unison to reduce the presence of pollen, dust, smoke allergen, pet dander and other pollutants in the air. The Active carbon filter helps in removing unpleasant odor while capturing large unwanted particles in the air. Unlike other traditional air purifiers, this one comes with the latest Whispure quiet mechanism that makes the device noise-free. It also features a sleep mode that automatically shuts off the device according to the time you have input. Interestingly enough, the device also includes an indicator light that lights up when it is time to replace the filter.
3Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA is another great product to make it to the list, a powerful device crafted with the ability to capture 99.97% of pollutants including pet dander, dust mites, smoke pollen, and allergens, it features an AOC carbon filter that helps remove unwanted odors. Featuring the latest PlasmaWave technology, it works as a permanent filter that aims at breaking down odor, allergens and airborne pollutants. Designed to cover up to 360 square feet, the device features Smart Sensors that monitor the air and automatically adjusts the fan according to the amount of filtration needed. It also comes equipped with a sleep mode timer for preserving energy.
2Pure Enrichment PureZone True HEPA Air Purifier
Featuring the latest True HEPA filter, the Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 air purifier traps 99.97% of smoke, dust, pollen, allergens, mold and mildew and odors effectively. It also comes with a UVC light that eliminates germs, bacteria, and viruses in the air. Designed with a noise level of just 30dB, it delivers a silent operation and is perfect for using while you sleep. Easy to set up, it features an automatic timer that shuts off the device after 2, 4, or 8 hours depending on your requirement, while preserving energy consumption. Not just that but it also stands out through its futuristic yet practical design.
1Hamilton Beach TrueAir
Designed to purify the air in large rooms up to 160 square feet in size, the Hamilton Beach TrueAir is a heavy-duty device that reduces allergens, dust, and smoke effectively. Equipped with a permanent HEPA-grade filter, it helps in removing and eliminating all traces of airborne allergens. Since the filter is permanent, it requires regular vacuum cleaning for best results. The device comes with 3-speed settings that are noise free and an easy to use control knob. Constructed with high-quality materials, it features a unique tower design that makes it highly practical and easy to use.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
What To Look for In An Air Purifier for Smoke
Many of those who get themselves an air purifier do so in order to help with seasonal allergies or asthma, to get rid of tobacco smoke/smell, or to sterilize the air inside the house to some extent. Now, we should point out that air purifiers come in all shapes and sizes, especially the ones intended to help rid you of smoke. It pays to bear in mind that air purifiers for smoke removing purposes are a bit different than traditional purifiers in that they employ slightly different purifying technologies. With that in mind, let us find out more about what makes a good air purifier and what to look for when buying one.
Reasons for Getting an Air Purifier
- Reducing Asthma Triggers – Some of the people who invest in an air purifier do so in order to reduce asthma triggers in their home environment. Seeing how asthma issues can be triggered by a wide range of pollutants in the environment, you want to be on the safe side just in case. In fact, polluted air is one of the main contributors to asthma, which is why people use HEPA air purifiers to prevent that.
- Help with Allergies – Another reason for getting an air purifier is to help deal with allergies. It is well known that airborne allergens can cause a great deal of suffering for people affected by allergies on a regular basis. To be more precise, nasal and respiratory allergies are often caused by airborne allergens, but a good air purifier can also help you deal with allergies that manifest through eye irritation and headaches.
- Preventing Dust Buildup – Keeping your house clean can be rather tiresome with all the cleaning and vacuuming, especially during the summer when most people keep windows open around the household. With an air purifier, you can cut down on dust and dust mites by quite a lot due to the fact that these devices can suck and trap dust particles quite effectively. It also helps with reducing the amount of cleaning you have to do long-term, which is definitely a big plus.
- Removing Smoke – If you or anyone else in your household smokes tobacco or anything else for that matter, you will sooner or later be faced with the issue of all the smoke that builds up inside the house. If left unaddressed, smoke will not only cause an unpleasant odor but it will also taint the walls yellow and get into fabrics and clothes that you leave exposed. It needs to be said that some air purifiers are specifically designed to deal with smoke and related odors, which is more or less what any smoker wants.
Types of Air Purifiers
- HEPA Air Purifiers – These devices employ HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filtering technologies. This is considered the highest possible standard of air purification in the industry, which explains why so many of the high-end devices use it. When fully operational, a HEPA air purifier can remove pollen, mold spores, fungi, dust, pet dander, mold spores, and most important of all, smoke.
- Ionic Filtration Purifiers – These purifiers work by emitting a cloud of charged ions into the air, a cloud that then latches onto airborne contaminants. This way, the impurities fall onto the floor and nearby surfaces rather than remain airborne where they can pollute the air inside the room. Some of these devices even include an electrostatic collection plate that attracts the fallen particles so as to remove them from the room entirely.
- Carbon Filtration Purifiers – These air purifiers employ a special form of activated carbon that makes use of small absorbent pores to create a large surface area to trap fumes, gases, and odors of any kind. We need to point out that carbon filters aren’t all that effective for removing allergens from the air but very efficient when it comes to getting rid of odor-causing particles. In use, they can remove chemicals and gas fumes, odors, cooking smoke, and pretty much any other type of particles that might cause an unpleasant smell.
- UV Light Purifiers – These devices use a special UV-C band of ultraviolet light to attack pollutants from the air before they settle. The main goal of these purifiers is to destroy bacteria and viruses by dealing with the very DNA structure of these pollutants, thus rendering the room perfectly sterilized. What’s great about these purifiers is that they can operate for thousands of hours and require very little maintenance to speak of.