A lot can be said about the many benefits of having an air purifier inside the house, not just in terms of making the air cleaner but also for providing major health benefits. In fact, with an air purifier for mold, you can remove almost all pollutants and harmful allergens from inside a room. With a good one, you can also filter the air you breathe on a daily basis to the point where you minimize the risks of inhaling any hazardous impurities.
Having said that, let us point out that not all air purifiers are created equal and that some are definitely better than others. This is particularly true when talking about air purifiers for mold as they are among the most complex and technologically advanced purifiers in the industry. After taking into consideration everything the market has to offer, we put together a list of the ten best air purifiers for mold that money can buy.
Best Air Purifiers for Mold – Reviews
10The Pure Company Portable Air Purifier
Uniquely crafted for small to medium size rooms, The Pure Company Portable Air Purifier is compact in size, light in weight, and ideal for travel. Thanks to its filter-free ionization purification process, it removes all traces of dust, pollen, mold, pet dander, and other pollutants. Unlike most of its kind, this air purifier comes equipped with an aromatherapy pad that allows you to experience aromatherapy sessions with pure essential oils at your home. Easy to use, it does not require any tools for setup and offers a noise-free operation.
9Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13 Air Purifier
Designed to cover up to 3730 square feet, the Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13 Air Purifier can provide complete filtration in one hour. Thanks to its powerful, high performing motor, it filters smaller spaces in less time and allows you to adjust the speed settings to a slower speed. Crafted and constructed from premium grade materials and components, this air purifier features a medical-grade true HEPA filter on both sides of the device and performs a 3 stage filtration process for complete elimination of all pollutants and contaminants. Featuring a touch screen control panel, 4 variable fan speeds, a safety child locking system and a sleep mode, this device also comes with dual air intake for twice the filtration.
8InvisiClean Aura II Air Purifier
Intended to eliminate allergies caused by pollen, dust mites and mold, the InvisiClean Aura II Air Purifier utilizes a powerful motor that provides double the energy with less power consumption. Crafted to cover a space of 319 square feet approximately, it is ideal for medium to large size rooms. Equipped with a 99.97 true HEPA filter with an active carbon pre-filter, it provides complete disinfection and filtration of germs. The purifier also features a disinfecting UVC light and an optional ionizer along with two speeds including a low, noise-free mode and a turbo quick clean mode.
7Pro Breeze 5-in-1 Air Purifier
Known for its premium quality, durability and performance, the Pro Breeze 5-in-1 Air Purifier is a heavy-duty, multi-filtered device that provides 5 levels of filtration. Including a pre-filter, a True HEPA filter, a cold catalyst, and active carbon filters, this device captures and eliminates up to 99.97% of airborne contaminants like smoke, mold, pollen, dust, germs, pet dander, VOC’s and more. Providing you with a coverage of up to 500 square feet, this powerful air purifier is great for small, medium and large size rooms. Compact in size, featuring a simplistic design, it features a smart timer function as well as a sleep mode for quiet, noise-free operation. Thanks to its negative ion generator, it binds and neutralizes bacteria and viruses, providing you with a cleaner, healthier surrounding. Ideal for those who suffer from allergies and asthma, it works great for pet owners, smokers and those who have babies.
6Winix HR900 Ultimate PlasmaWave Technology Air Purifier
Made from heavy-duty, durable components and materials, the Winix HR900 Ultimate Pet True HEPA PlasmaWave Technology Air Purifier is another premium grade device that removes allergens, odor, vapors and pollutants from the air. Featuring the latest true HEPA filtration system, it helps in capturing 99.97% of airborne germs and contaminants. The Advanced Odor Control Carbon Filter is washable and helps in elimination smoke and unpleasant household odors, while the pre-filter works great with capturing pet dander, hair and large particles.
5Dyson Pure Hot + Cool, HP02 – HEPA Air Purifier
The Dyson Pure Hot + Cool, HP02 – HEPA Air Purifier is a 3-in-1 device that provides pure air throughout the year thanks to its thermostatic heat control during winter, and cooling breeze during the hot summer months. Equipped with a heavy-duty HEPA filter, it kills 99.975 of pollutants and contaminants, bacteria, mold, mildew, and pet dander. The second filter is made with active carbon and helps in capturing unwanted fumes and unpleasant odor around the house. The device also features an automatic set-mode that monitors the surrounding air and maintains the correct air quality and temperature. Other features include a sleep timer, a night mode, convenient remote control and more. Unlike any other purifier out there, the Dyson purifier allows you to remotely control the device directly from your smartphone.
4Airthereal Pure Morning APH260 Purifier
Equipped with a True HEPA filter, a pre-filter, and an activated carbon filter, the Airthereal Pure Morning APH260 Purifier provides an all-in-one solution to removing the tiniest airborne particles and pollutants in the air. CADR rated-152, this device provides coverage of up to 355 square feet and takes just 10 minutes to complete the filtration process. Ideal for large office spaces, bedrooms, hotels, and restaurants, it features a smart control sensor that automatically monitors the quality of the air and adjusts the mode to correct the level of purification. It also comes equipped with a noise-free sleep mode that works great while you sleep.
3IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier is a top-notch device that has been rated as the number one air purifying device for asthma and allergies. Equipped with a premium quality medical grade filtration system, it is 100 times more effective than standard HEPA purifiers. Designed with high-quality components and materials, it features HypeHEPA filters that capture the finest particles and pollutants that are sized at just 0.003 microns. Expertly engineered to cover a full room measuring up to 1,125 square feet, this air purifier aims at removing smoke, pollen, mold, dust, germs, pet dander and more.
2Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier for Home
Made from premium grade materials including the latest Swedish filter technology, the Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier captures up to 99% of pollutants and contaminants like mold, pet dander, dust, viruses, and bacteria. The activated carbon filter helps in removing unwanted odors and smoke from cooking, pets, wildfires, smoke and reduces gases and VOC’s. The pre-filters are crafted from durable fabric that can be washed, in turn increasing the durability and life of the filters. Featuring two-speed settings including a low speed with a sound rate of 31dB and a high speed at 56dB, it offers a quiet operation that is similar to a whisper. Designed to filter spaces up to 540 square feet, it is ideal for large bedrooms and living room areas.
1AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier
The AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier is a premium quality device that is uniquely designed with True HEPA filters with a special Aerasafe antimicrobial treatment and carbon filter. The filtration process takes place in 4 stages, thoroughly capturing 99.97% of all airborne particles and germs. Equipped with an odor eliminator, it captures dust, mold, pollens, germs, and smoke as well as bacteria that cause asthma and allergies. Thanks to its AeraSmart sensor, it automatically monitors the quality of the air and adjusts the speed of the fan for better air purification. Crafted to purify the air in spaces measuring 300 to 600 square feet, this device is ideal for larger rooms.
Can’t Find What You’re Looking For? Check these suggestions:
What To Look For In An Air Purifier For Mold
Despite the fact that many air purifiers operate according to the same principles, they can differ ever o slightly in regards to their inbuilt functions and overall quality. Provided that you do not simply purchase the first purifier you lay your eyes on, you should take the time and learn more about the operating standards of these devices and what to look for when buying one. To give you some pointers on the matter at hand, we put together a short guide to help you through.
Understanding Air Purifiers
Before we delve into the characteristics that best describe an air purifier for mold, we should take the time and learn about air purifiers in their basic form. In this respect, air purifiers are devices tasked with cleaning and purifying the air you breathe. They do so by eliminating allergens and harmful impurities from the air via one of many filtering methods. If you suffer from allergies or breathing difficulties of any kind, you will have undoubtedly heard about the many benefits such a device can provide.
Pollutants Air Purifiers Remove
Many if not most of the high-end purifiers can be expected to remove the common pollutants and contaminants to some extent. Among them, we should mention pollen, plant spores, dust mites, pet dander, mold spores, bacteria, tobacco smoke, toxins from aerosol sprays, household odors from cooking or cleaning formulas, and even pesticides. These pollutants are known to not only cause but also aggravate a series of afflictions.
Reasons For Getting An Air Purifier
If you are in the market for an air purifier, it means that you already have a good reason to want one. In general, people opt for air purifiers either because of health concerns or because they want to get rid of certain smells or mold. For the most part, people choose to invest in air purifiers to deal with seasonal allergies, reduce asthma triggers, clearing dust mites, getting rid of dander, or clearing the air from any long-lasting tobacco smoke or similar fragrances.
- Dealing With Allergies – Many are those who invest in an air purifier to help with their allergies. It is believed that up to 300 million people worldwide suffer from asthma, a disease that accounts for up to 15 million doctors visits every year for a couple of decades now. Needless to say, asthma is usually caused by polluted air, which is the number one purpose of any air purifier regardless of its construction or design.
- Clearing Dust – To prevent dust mites from setting in dangerous quantities, people sometimes employ air purifiers of a traditional nature. For the most part, these devices are perfect at collecting and trapping dust before it builds up on your furniture. This has the purpose of also cleaning the air to a decent standard, which is great for households with children and small pets walking around.
- Eliminating Mold – One of the main reasons why people get air purifiers is to get rid of mold and prevent it from reappearing. In this regard, we should point out that there are specialized purifiers intended to deal with mold and similar bacteria. It should be said that mold can cause a host of health issues if not dealt with in a timely fashion, which is part of the reason why these purifiers are so popular nowadays.
Types Of Air Purifiers
- HEPA Filtration – This refers to High-Efficiency Particulate Air filtration, a widespread air filtering technology that many such devices employ. To be more precise, these type of purifiers are commonly seen as the highest possible standard of filtration, which is why it can be found in most top-shelf air purifiers. This system uses a highly dense paper filter to trap airborne contaminants as small as 2-5 microns.
- Ionic Filtration – The air purifiers that incorporate ionic filtration technologies are seen as being very effective overall. At the same time, we should point out that they can remove contaminants as small as 0.01 microns in size, which is more than enough to effectively remove dust, pollen, mold spores, fungi, bacteria, and visible smoke. Considering the fact that they do not require any filter replacements, they are seen as a much more cost-effective type of air purifier.
- Carbon Filtration – We talk about carbon filtration systems when referring to those purifiers that employ absorbent pores to filter the air. The fact of the matter is that these pores create a large surface area that traps fumes, gases, and odors of any kind. As such, they are able to remove chemicals and gas fumes, odors of a wide variety, cooking smoke, and the smell caused by many cleaning formulas.
- UV Light Filtration – Air purifiers that employ UV light to filter the air do so in quite an ingenious fashion. This way, the UV light is contained inside the device at all times so as to reduce the risk of rising any health concerns. To be more precise, these purifiers use a UV-C band of ultraviolet light, which is safe for humans for the most part. Perhaps the main advantage that these types of purifiers have is that they can last for thousands of hours and require no replacements to speak of.